The Patient

Who needs to vent frustration?
All I need is a steady dose of sedation.
But whoa is me, I've become a patient.
A patient of my own demise.
But wouldn't we all love a new disguise.
A pretty face to go on an ugly picture,
A real good cleaning for a dusty fixture.
Wouldn't we all dream of a perfect body,
What a pretty present you all have got me.
Make me up and remind me of yesterday's.
Before there were syringes, there were better ways.
Don't wake me up, cause I can't remember,
Don't wake me up, cause there's no belief.
Just wake me up when you find me some relief.
The patient is waiting for just the right medicine.
But man that doctor looks awfully menacing.
Is his face melting or my mind is playing tricks.
Do I take it as prescribed or take it just for kicks?
Whoa is me I've become a patient 
Man my face is looking pretty ancient.
33 going on seventy,
Don't wake me up, cause I know you won't remember me.
When I was young and strong,
Even amongst the pretty people, I felt that I belonged.
Now I'm wasted, ashen and blue.
Whatever happened to my passion, what is there I can do?

Comments

  1. My sentiments exactly...once upon a time i was beautiful, strong and felt like the world was mine...time passed me by so quickly and my beauty strength and passion is now just a faded memory.....excellent writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Forgotten Opioid Crisis and It's Lasting Effects On America

A Decade of War and Catastrophe In Syria: Part 1: Arab Spring and Rise of ISIS

The Decade of Catastrophe and War in Syria: Part II: Foreign Intervention, Kurdish Militias and the Fall of the Caliphate