Mother Of All Things

 Apathy and sadness, 

 Feelings one could never cherish.

 Allow me to repent my sins

 Long before I perish.

Spiritually dead and emotionally blank.

Continually read, as the scenery shrank

I dreamt the world was in the palm of my 
hands.
My legs felt like jelly, so I could barely stand

The mother of all things spoke of tragedy.

Pictures of fire and melting ice ravage me.

What have we done to the forest and ocean

Blue waves move in such a listless motion.

Some might ask, what's the big commotion?

There's no money made in mass pollution,

Maybe that'll be the best solution.

No more wars, just more resources

We need oil for cars, cause who rides horses

The devil's in the details, no time for apologies.

Just fill up your jails, make no peace with your enemies.

Nihlism, tribalism, money and wealth,

Will she love me, in sickness or health?

Empathy is something truly hard to find,

Why worry about your garbage?

When I've already got mine,

Would you really love me, til death until we part?

Take me back, take me back before the start.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forgotten Opioid Crisis and It's Lasting Effects On America

A Decade of War and Catastrophe In Syria: Part 1: Arab Spring and Rise of ISIS

The Decade of Catastrophe and War in Syria: Part II: Foreign Intervention, Kurdish Militias and the Fall of the Caliphate