Nuclear Winter

I've dug myself from a frozen summer
Only to relive this nuclear Winter.
One must try and wonder,
After all the rain and thunder
 Will there be sunshine when I die?
Self destruction, lord knows the many ways I've tried.
Only to awake and heat the angels gently sigh.
It's a nuclear Winter from December till July
I've built a prison somewhere in my mind.
With barbed wire and hundred rifles stacked behind.
The walls of this cold place I've been so many times,
Even in the instances I didn't commit any crimes.
I put myself in this cold and darkened cell.
It inspires me to see the light.
There's so many wistful stories I could tell
But it'd be only a blight on my polluted landscape.
Nobody can see the carnage I've left in my wake.
There's just too much caution tape
Breakfast at tiffany's, st.james bible 
Not too much to chose from 
So many books forever left untitled.
In this prison of my mind.
It's hard never too return once you've been inside.
I cannot explain the reason 
For this nuclear Winter I'm feeling every season.
Summertime my feet are burned.
Even as the calendar turns,
Freezing in a corner without a coat.
Just like other poems that I wrote
This one has no ending 
Only to heaven I'll be sending,
In this nuclear Winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Forgotten Opioid Crisis and It's Lasting Effects On America

A Decade of War and Catastrophe In Syria: Part 1: Arab Spring and Rise of ISIS

The Decade of Catastrophe and War in Syria: Part II: Foreign Intervention, Kurdish Militias and the Fall of the Caliphate